Proxy / reply translation

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Sun Nov 12 14:07:06 CET 2017

On Nov 12, 2017, at 6:16 AM, Richard J Palmer <richard at merula.net> wrote:

> (1)       if (&Cisco-AVPair =~ /ip:route=([^ ]+) ([^ ]+)/) {
> (1)       ERROR: Failed retrieving values required to evaluate condition

  That's because the incoming packet doesn't contain Cisco-AVPair.

  Again... read the debug output.  ALL of it.  You'll see the server isn't receiving a Cisco-AVPair attribute from the NAS.

> I am reasonably certain there is a issue somewhere with  if (&Cisco-AVPair =~ /ip:route=([^ ]+) ([^ ]+)/)

  Yes.  You can only match a Cisco-AVPair against a regex... if the packet contains Cisco-AVPiar.

> Using an online Regex testing tool and using the above as a basis I can see that
> Cisco-AVPair = \"ip:route=([^ ]+) ([^ ]+)\"
>
> This  retrieves the data I need - However that is not accepted by the freeradius config (understandably as it's not quote the same thing).

  Really?  The format of the configuration files is documented.  See "man unlang".

  There should be *no* surprise that random text isn't accepted by FreeRADIUS.