Radacct not working

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Thu Nov 16 21:34:25 CET 2017

On Nov 16, 2017, at 3:27 PM, Yahn do Amaral Almeida Pinheiro <yahnaamaralp at gmail.com> wrote:

> I apologize, I'm still learning how to set the radius and I do not speak fluent English.

  Your English is fine.

> But when the user connects, he should not automatically insert the access into the radacct table? Because my radius is not doing this first insert.

  The radacct table is for accounting packets.

  If the user is authenticated (i.e. FreeRADIUS sends an Access-Accept), that does NOT mean the user is on the network.  Therefore, there are no changes to the radacct table made at that time.

  After the NAS finally *receives* the Access-Accept, and then lets the user on the network.... that's when the user is on the network.

  The NAS *should* send an Accounting-Request packet, which tells FreeRADIUS that the user is actually on the network.  At that point, FreeRADIUS updates the radacct table.

  If the NAS isn't sending Accounting-Request packets, change the NAS configuration to make it send those packets.

  If the NAS can't send Accounting-Request packets, throw it in the garbage, and replace it with a NAS that does send Accounting-Request packets.