What proxy features does the freeradius server support?

work vlpl thework.vlpl at gmail.com
Fri Oct 20 05:19:29 CEST 2017

On the step 2 and 3, when proxy radius server analyze username, I want
to analyze real username, not the outer anonymous identity. To do that
I handle eap message on proxy radius server.
Then, if username not belongs to certain group I handle request on
proxy server without calling home server. If username belongs to  a
certain group I set Proxy-To-Realm attribute. And here I have an
issue.

If request is peap-mschapv2 and I set proxy_tunneled_request_as_eap =
yes, home radius server(freeradius v3.0.x branch) not understand eap
message, if proxy_tunneled_request_as_eap = no home radius server have
not problem to understand mschapv2 request.
If request eap-ttls, ttls section in eap module config does not have
option `proxy_tunneled_request_as_eap` and request on home server will
be mschapv2.
And I could not configure proxy server to send request after it look
inside eap-tls request. Home server inform what eap message has a
wrong state.

So user request to proxy server is secured with eap, but proxy request
to home server is send as simple mschapv2 without eap. And I want to
know is it possible to send request as eap to home server, after proxy
server handle (look inside) it?