new freeradius setup

Andrew Meyer andrewm659 at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 26 03:16:46 CEST 2017

So I deleted everything like you suggested.  I then went back into the /etc/raddb/radiusd.conf andmade the following change:

server radius01 {
listen {
ipaddr = 127.0.0.1
type = auth
}

#        listen  {
#                ipaddr = 10.150.10.40
#                type = auth
#        }
#
listen {
ipaddr = 127.0.0.1
type = acct
}

#       listen {
#               ipaddr = 10.150.10.40
#               type = acct
#       }
}

debug_level=2

I then ran a raidusd -X and tested in another window.

Here is my output:
radtest -4 -x bob hello localhost 2 testing123
Sent Access-Request Id 88 from 0.0.0.0:53632 to 127.0.0.1:1812 length 73
User-Name = "bob"
User-Password = "hello"
NAS-IP-Address = 10.150.10.40
NAS-Port = 2
Message-Authenticator = 0x00
Cleartext-Password = "hello"
Received Access-Reject Id 88 from 127.0.0.1:1812 to 0.0.0.0:0 length 20
(0) -: Expected Access-Accept got Access-Reject

On Wednesday, October 25, 2017 5:28 PM, Alan DeKok <aland at deployingradius.com> wrote:

On Oct 25, 2017, at 5:29 PM, Andrew Meyer via Freeradius-Users <freeradius-users at lists.freeradius.org> wrote:

> I installed from CentOS repos.  Might have been EPEL.

  Then someone destroyed the configuration after it was installed.

  This shouldn't be difficult.  By breaking the configuration, you've made work for yourself, and wasted days trying to debug problems which should never have existed.

  Don't try to "fix" a broken configuration.  Delete *everything*, and re-install from scratch.

  Doing anything else is wasting your time, and ours.