Freeradius Proxy - Framed IP Address Accounting attribute

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Fri Sep 1 14:47:00 CEST 2017

On Aug 31, 2017, at 11:29 PM, Byron Jeffery <byronjeffery at cem.org.au> wrote:
> My apologies, I have realised that I had my terminology mixed up.  I was
> meaning to say static DHCP lease IP rather than the static IP address
> itself.

  The sql IP pool module assigns leases which are in the IP pool.  If you want a lease to NOT be allocated dynamically, remove it from the pool, and assign it statically.

  That's how static IP allocations work.

> I am also looking forwards to V4 as I have read that there are plans for
> the DHCP service.  Are there any particular planned changes for the DHCP
> service?

  It will still act as DHCP.

  The major change will be the ability to receive an Access-Request, and forward an Accounting-Request, or DHCP packet.