Windows cannot authenticate with Freeradius

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Wed Sep 6 15:22:22 CEST 2017

> On Sep 6, 2017, at 8:51 AM, Matthew Pulis <mpulis at gmail.com> wrote:
> So here the issue is Freeradius or Win 7?

  I told you to configure the server.  Not Windows.

> I am not quite well understanding
> the log. If Win 10 and Android log in fine, I guess the issue is with Win 7
> right? Or this has to do with setting up also MSCHAPv2 so Win7 can log in?

  The log makes this clear.

  Did you look for "failed" and "error" as I suggested?  If not, why not?  If you did, then the messages should be pretty clear.

> Sorry but am really stuck and not even sure what to search on Google in
> order to get the help I need.

  Searching google for random subjects won't help you.  Reading the debug output and following instructions *will* help you.

  The point is that the server does a LOT of work to make the errors clear, and the suggestions helpful.  My answers here seem unhelpful... but that's because the answers are already in front of you.  All you have to do is read them.

  If you need spoon-feeding for every single minor *documented* issue in the server, you will never make progress.  Please... do as I suggested, and READ the debug output.

  Read also:  http://deployingradius.com/documents/protocols/compatibility.html

  more explanations are there.

  And please also follow simple list etiquette.

1) reply to my messages, not to your own

2) edit the replies so they don't contain thousands of lines of logs.  We've already seen them.  There's no reason to post the same thousands of lines of logs to the list over and over again.