freeradius 3.0.15 memory corruption

petr.linke at seznam.cz petr.linke at seznam.cz
Thu Sep 7 15:19:45 CEST 2017

---------- Original mail ----------
From: Alan DeKok <aland at deployingradius.com>
Date: 7. 9. 2017 15:01:10
Subject: Re: freeradius 3.0.15 memory corruption
When I fill into username only name without domain, the memory corruption
appears. When I put into username DOMAIN\NAME, all works fine.
In the module mschap I have set the default domain in ntlm_auth command via
--domain=%{%{mschap:NT-Domain}:-TEST.LOCAL}, so during the tests I do not
fill the domain into username.

Petr

"On Sep 7, 2017, at 4:48 AM, petr.linke at seznam.cz wrote:

> I try to set up freeradius 3.0.15 with MS AD authentication via ntlm_auth
> from samba. I use default settings, follow freeradius-active-directory-
> integration-howto. All work correctly for username length up to 5
> characters, but when I use username, where the length is more than 5
> characters, freeradius terminated due memory corruption.
> (freeradius v.3.0.15, running on debian Wheezy64).
>

> debug for username length more than 5 characters:

Which doesn't show the packet coming in, or what you're doing to it. Having
*some* information would be useful.

Please follow doc/bugs to get a useful backtrace.

Or. run it in debugging mode with "radiusd -Xxx". You'll get a LOT more
output, and the server will do additional memory sanity checking. That may
show something useful.

Alan DeKok.

-
List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.