Update User-Name

Dale Lloyd dale.lloyd at gmail.com
Sat Sep 9 22:22:51 CEST 2017

> It's better to fix a problem than to add work-arounds.

I agree, but I don't think that they will fix the problem.

> You can configure the packet to get forwarded.

Yes, I am now able to forward the packet, thanks to your suggestion,
but I can only forward packets to the UK RADIUS Proxy Servers, and
those servers won't know where to forward the packet if the domain is
not included in the username. I asked our neighboring University if I
could forward requests matching a certain pattern directly to them and
they declined.

I also tried both updating the User-Name and setting the
Proxy-To-Realm, but the request gets denied by the remote RADIUS
server, probably because by updating the User-Name, I am breaking EAP?

Am I missing something, or is my work-around not possible?