Control sub-TLV attributes order in rest module

Avner Elizarov avnerelizarov at gmail.com
Mon Sep 11 13:02:02 CEST 2017

The documentation is quite lacking for the rest module, and contains
features not yet published in version 3 (such as sub attributes). I did try
many different options but none of them seemed to do the trick. When
sending several instances of the same sub attribute in the json message
only the last one was parsed by the rest module. Sending each sub attribute
as a list of values works for parsing them all, but puts them one after the
other in the radius packet and this is not what I need. I just want a way
to send the same attribute several times and be able to control their order
in the resulting radius packet.
To summarize, I have a tlv with 2 sub attributes (sub1 and sub2). I want to
send several instances of sub_1 and several instances of sub_2 in a json
message to the rest module such that the resulting radius packet generated
from the rest module will contain each instance of sub_attr_2 after its
matching instance of sub_attr_1.

I would appreciate a concrete json example :-)