Hint - (automatically created accounting 'stop')

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Thu Sep 14 03:23:51 CEST 2017

On Sep 13, 2017, at 4:39 PM, Aurélio de Souza Ribeiro Neto <netolistas at mpc.com.br> wrote:
>       Sometimes I can see this info in my Logs:
>       sql: Running Accounting section for automatically created
>   accounting 'stop'
>       After this I have this incomplete register in my database without
>   naporttype and callingstationid. Why??

  Because you're setting Simultaneous-Use, and running "checkrad".  The server sees that the user is logging in again, and discovers that the previous login session is no longer valid.  So it creates a fake Accounting Stop packet, to get rid of the previous session.

  In 3, you it's difficult to edit this packet.  The default queries *should* update the existing session, which means you don't need NAS-Port-Type or Calling-Station-Id.

  It just needs to close the existing session.