Update from 3.0.4 to 3.0.13 (RHEL and CentOS 7.3 to 7.4): Reference "${group_attribute}" not found

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Fri Sep 15 14:01:25 CEST 2017

On Sep 15, 2017, at 7:54 AM, Bernd <bernd at kroenchenstadt.de> wrote:

> I didn't say that it's a bug within FreeRADIUS. It's more a glitch in the update mechanism. I removed all *rpmnew files (which should normally not be a problem) but the error remains:

> Problem is that in the line ``WHERE groupname = '%{${group_attribute}}' \'' the installation method seems to fail to replace ``${group_attribute}'' by ``Sql-Group''.

  The upgrade mechanism SHOULD NOT over-write existing configuration files and break your system.

  On top of that, the upgrade SHOULD NOT create configuration files which are incompatible with each other.

  The upgrade mechanism shipped with FreeRADIUS isn't broken, and doesn't do that.

a) go back to using the old configuration files

b) use the new configuration files

  You're using:

c) use some old configuration files, and some new ones.

  Don't do that.