eap-fast: using eap-fast-mschapv2 in anonymous tunnel

Isaac Boukris iboukris at gmail.com
Sat Sep 23 03:05:45 CEST 2017

Hello all,

I've been trying to test eap-fast unauthenticated provisioning (RFC
5422), and was getting mschap errors, for which I think I found a fix
- see attached patch (v3.0x).

With this patch, the mschap authentication stage succeeds using
eapol_test and a tunnel-pac is provisioned (while the first eapol
exchange ends with reject as allowed by the RFC, the subsequent
authentication successes using the newly provisioned pac).

My eapol_test config (my server config is almost untouched):
network={
        ssid="eap-fast-test"
        key_mgmt=WPA-EAP
        eap=FAST
        anonymous_identity="FAST-000102030405"
        identity="bob"
        password="hello"
        phase1="fast_provisioning=1"
        pac_file="/local/file"
 }

I also tried out the v4.0x branch but encountered some other issues.
First had to add a cast to float when comparing with tls_max_version
(inst->tls_conf->tls_max_version > (float) 1.1), as otherwise:
float x = 1.1; if (x > 1.1) yields true for some reason.

Then however, I get a crash which I can't figure so far - logs with
back-trace attached.

Thanks,
Isaac B.