Releasing 3.0.17?

Stefan Paetow Stefan.Paetow at jisc.ac.uk
Mon Apr 2 17:22:48 CEST 2018

Ok,

Do you have a location where this alternative can be downloaded (at least we can document this, right?)

That way we can point at the Wiki when this question pops up again. :-)

Stefan Paetow
Consultant, Trust and Identity

t: +44 (0)1235 822 125
gpg: 0x3FCE5142
xmpp: stefanp at jabber.dev.ja.net
skype: stefan.paetow.janet

jisc.ac.uk

On 30/03/2018, 18:28, "Freeradius-Users on behalf of Alan DeKok" <freeradius-users-bounces+stefan.paetow=jisc.ac.uk at lists.freeradius.org on behalf of aland at deployingradius.com> wrote:

    On Mar 30, 2018, at 1:22 PM, Stefan Paetow <Stefan.Paetow at jisc.ac.uk> wrote:

    > Arran, Alan, thumbs-up to a v3.0.17. Can you just make sure that when you build the official packages, that you don't build against packages that are not available in either CentOS/RHEL 7 or EPEL 7 repos? I had hoped to deploy the official 3.0.16 package but it wanted a package that doesn't exist in any of the repos in question.

      The main issue is that RH has decided to move from OpenSSL to NSS.  They've *partially* done the port.  So libldap links to NSS, but other applications such as FreeRADIUS don't.

      Trying to use libldap+NSS with FreeRADIUS+OpenSSL is a recipe for disaster.  NSS has an OpenSSL wrapper / compatibility layer.  So that layer ends up "stealing" the OpenSSL functions from FreeRADIUS, and then everything crashes.

      As a result, we need to have FR link to a version of libldap that uses OpenSSL.  Which RH doesn't distribute.

      If you're not using LDAP, this is mostly moot.

      Alan DeKok.

    -
    List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html