[v4.0] only run in debug mode (radiusd -X)

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Wed Apr 4 17:00:22 CEST 2018

On Apr 4, 2018, at 10:41 AM, Elias Pereira <empbilly at gmail.com> wrote:

> hello folks,
>
> I install freeradius-server v4 from source

  Don't use v4 unless you know what you're doing.

> and it only runs correctly in
> debug mode (radiusd -X).
>
> How to run via systemctl or via init.d?

  You have to manually install those.  The v4 "source install" isn't an RPM or Debian package.  As a result, it doesn't install OS-specific things.

  But don't use v4 unless you're interested in contributing patches, documentation, etc.  Version 4 hasn't had a public release because the general public shouldn't be using it.