source ip check

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Fri Apr 6 18:26:03 CEST 2018

On Apr 6, 2018, at 12:19 PM, Bassem Mettichi <mettichi at gmail.com> wrote:

> i have keeplaived and lvs with 2 freerdaius servers running version 3.0.16
> on redhat 7 ( keeplaived is configured with NAT option)
>
> when i send an accounting start from a client vm using radclient i get this
> response:
>
> radclient: Received reply to request we did not send. (id=134 socket 3)

  Your network is broken.  Fix that.

  FreeRADIUS works.  It sends correct replies when it receives correct requests.

  Since that isn't happening here, it's because of something *else* in the network.  Which isn't the fault of FreeRADIUS.

  Read the source and destination IPs of the request and reply packet.  They should match.  If they don't (and they won't), it's because something else is breaking RADIUS.

  This shouldn't be difficult.  Install a simple configuration.  It WILL work.  And *understand* the system you've built.