Check on ADSL-Agent-Remote-Id instead of username

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Fri Apr 13 15:21:12 CEST 2018

On Apr 13, 2018, at 7:57 AM, Marijn van Gool <marijn.vangool at comsave.com> wrote:

>> It's easier to just update the "key" in raddb/modules/files
>
> Great, this is what I was looking for.
>
> For freeradius to match on Remote-ID just change (and uncomment)
>
> #key = "%{Stripped-User-Name:-%{User-Name}}”

> #key = "%{Stripped-User-Name:-%{ADSL-Agent-Remote-Id}}”
> or
> #key = "%{ADSL-Agent-Remote-Id:-%{User-Name}}”

  Well, you *do* have to uncomment it for the change to take effect.

> I’ve got clients connecting via the Remote ID AND clients connecting with the username.
> How would I accomplish that? I need both to work.

  Write rules to do that.  Use if / then / else.

  i.e. ask *good* questions.  "I need to do stuff" is a bad question.

  You should sit down and write what the server receives, what you want it to do, and where the various bits of data are stored.  Use simple english for this, like a little story.

  Once you've done that, you will discover that the "unlang" statements become pretty obvious to write.  And that way you *understand* the solution, instead of just throwing up your hands and expecting to get spoon-fed answers.