How does Stripped-User-Name get evaluated?

Alan Buxey alan.buxey at gmail.com
Tue Apr 17 19:18:51 CEST 2018

hi,

%{%{Stripped-User-Name}:-%{User-Name}}

that statement means use stripped-user-name (if it exists) else use user-name

stripped-user-name gets created from user-name via a set of
checks/redacts etc based on entries in eg proxy.conf
and various other settings (eg in mschap) - which will populate the
stripped-user-name

you've also got eg mschap:user-name which may be , eg in the
inner-tunnel, a suitable candidate too

alan