response sent after do_not_respond called

Geoffrey D. Bennett g at netcraft.com.au
Thu Apr 26 04:09:36 CEST 2018

On Tue, Apr 24, 2018 at 09:05:43PM +0930, Alan DeKok wrote:
> On Apr 24, 2018, at 1:35 AM, Geoffrey D. Bennett <g at netcraft.com.au> wrote:
> > I'm having trouble getting the do_not_respond policy working in the
> > post-auth section with FreeRADIUS 3.0.17.
>
>   It's not meant to run there.
>
>   The post-auth section is run *after* it decides what kind of response to send.

Hi Alan,

Thanks for your reply.

My use case for this is that I have a database lookup in the post-auth
section, and if the database connection fails I need to return no
response so that the NAS will send its request to the other RADIUS
server which has the backup database.

Is there another way to do this from the post-auth section? I can't
move these checks into the authorise section as they have to run after
authentication. What do you think about adding support for this?
Could you point me in the appropriate direction to implement this if
you'd accept such a patch?

Thanks,
Geoffrey.