What is the magic to see the Windows User as DOMAIN\user

Nick Howitt nick at howitts.co.uk
Fri Apr 27 18:00:52 CEST 2018

I'm sorry for posting this here as it is really a Windows question but
it is driving me scatty trying to authenticate with a Windows client. I
only seem to get the User-Name come through with machine credentials
like host/machine_name.DOMAIN. For the life of me I can't see how to
switch Win10 to pass a real user name through to Radius like
DOMAIN\user. There must be a setting in Windows which I am overlooking.
Can anyone please help?

Thanks,
Nick