Upgrading from 3.0.13 to 3.0.17 - any gotchas?

Matthew Newton mcn at freeradius.org
Mon Aug 6 12:32:30 CEST 2018

On Mon, 2018-08-06 at 10:09 +0000, WAGHORN, Jason (NHS BORDERS) via
Freeradius-Users wrote:
> I'm in the process of taking over a existing eduroam (visited only)
> installation and I am minded to perform the upgrade of FreeRadius to
> 3.0.17 (it's currently the standard Centos 7.4 repository version of
> 3.0.13)

If you're using radsqlrelay, there's a regression so you might want to
wait for the next release, or use v3.0.x from github. Otherwise it's
good.

> I'm planning to switch to use the NetworkRadius repo and just wanted
> to make sure there were no config-related changes I'd need to make
> between 3.0.13 & 3.0.17 I've not found anything so far to suggest
> there are, but the input of the hivemind of this list most gratefully
> received.

They're config-compatible.

There might be packaging differences between CentOS RPMs and
NetworkRADIUS RPMs, so make sure you do backups and testing first. But
you do that anyway, of course.

--
Matthew