Freeradius-Users Digest, Vol 160, Issue 4

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Tue Aug 7 13:29:10 CEST 2018

On Aug 7, 2018, at 12:30 AM, Arun NP <arun85np at gmail.com> wrote:
> I tried what you mentioned (creating a copy of the default file in
> sites-available , changing the server name & ports and soft linking
> sites-enabled/new to sites-available/new).

  That's not what you did.  The debug log shows that you did something else.

> including files in directory /etc/raddb/sites-enabled/
> including configuration file /etc/raddb/sites-enabled/control-socket
> including configuration file /etc/raddb/sites-enabled/default
> including configuration file /etc/raddb/sites-enabled/inner-tunnel

  And there's no "sites-enabled/new" file.

> radiusd: #### Loading Virtual Servers ####
> server { # from file /etc/raddb/radiusd.conf
> } # server

  There is an EMPTY "server" section there.  That's causing the problem.

  The default config DOES NOT have a "server" block in radiusd.conf.  So you've edited the default configuration and broken it.

  Don't do that.

> server default { # from file /etc/raddb/sites-enabled/default

  See?  That virtual server isn't empty.

> server inner-tunnel { # from file /etc/raddb/sites-enabled/inner-tunnel

  And neither is that one.

> radiusd: #### Opening IP addresses and Ports ####
> Listening on auth address 5.1.13.70 port 2018

  And it doesn't load any file called "sites-available/new".

  So you might have edited *some* file.  But whatever it is, it's not the file that the server is reading.

  Start with the default config.  By this I mean DELETE EVERYTHING YOU DID.  Delete ALL OF THE FILES.

  Then, uninstall the server.  And re-install it from RPM / deb / whatever.

  The server WILL WORK.  Then, make small changes.  Test each change.

  What's happened here is that you've made a bunch of changes without really understanding what they are, or even what impact they have.  Then, you haven't looked at the debug output to see if it's loading the files that you created.

  This isn't difficult.  Follow the documentation.  READ the debug output.  All of this is extensively documented:

http://wiki.freeradius.org/radius-X