IPv6 accounting RADIUS SQL schema?

Michael Ducharme mducharme at gmail.com
Thu Aug 16 20:16:56 CEST 2018

Hello,

I am wondering whether there is any standard SQL schema for IPv6 radius
accounting, and standard queries?

I understand from doing a bit of research that to store the IPv6 schema
we have to manually add fields to the SQL database and the queries to
the queries.conf. That is certainly doable and is easy enough, however
instead of naming them what I want, I would rather have some official
guidance as to what the fields should be named and what the queries
should be. The reason is that we use some third party software that
reads accounting data directly out out of the FreeRADIUS radacct table,
and it expects the standard field names to be used - unfortunately there
seem to not be standardized field names for SQL for IPv6 RADIUS
accounting yet, and it would simply save us some future headache if we
had this. They seem to not want to build support for IPv6 until there is
some standard schema released by FreeRADIUS that gives the MySQL field
names for IPv6 accounting info.

Also small ISPs are beginning to roll out IPv6 more and more, ISPs that
use FreeRADIUS, so it might be good to add those into the standard
install at some point? Just an idea.

Thanks!