IPv6 accounting RADIUS SQL schema?

Michael Ducharme mducharme at gmail.com
Mon Aug 20 02:09:25 CEST 2018

Hi,

On 8/19/2018 4:29 PM, Nathan Ward wrote:
> My view - if my billing system is so tightly integrated that it requires direct database access to my RADIUS system, I use another billing system - it doesn’t scale like that.
> That doesn’t help Michael of course, but, may help others interested in this topic.
To be fair to our vendor, it is designed specifically as a WISP billing
system, and WISPs are generally on the small side. Many ISPs of that
size also have a fear of RADIUS servers due to not understanding them
and the complexity, so the successful vendors are those that promise to
not require a RADIUS server in order to work. When we first talked to
the vendor, they went out of their way to make it clear to us that their
product did not require a RADIUS server and worked fine without it,
apparently due to past experience where a WISP went with a different
product on the perception that our vendor required a RADIUS server to
work properly. It did not bother us because we have used RADIUS for a
long time.

Larger ISPs just would not use that product to begin with.