Anything special to apply a server cert by CSR for eap-tls?

Matthew Newton mcn at freeradius.org
Fri Dec 14 10:50:17 CET 2018

On Fri, 2018-12-14 at 17:33 +0800, luckydog xf wrote:
>    Sorry to trouble you again, I create server.csr by make
> server.csr, when
> I apply a cert by server.csr created by 'make server.csr', MS
> Certificiate
> Authority said cannot find cert template for my csr.

You need to ask whoever runs your CA what that means.

The 'Makefile' in the certs dir will use openssl to generate working
certificates. It's plain text, so you can see what commands it runs.

>    So does anyone have expericenced this and offer me a little help?

Make sure the certificates you use have the TLS Web Server
Authentication and TLS Web Client Authentication OIDs in them. What
method you use to do that doesn't really matter. The CA should be able
to add it.

--
Matthew