Proxy FreeRADIUS Monitoring from LB F5

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Mon Dec 17 14:19:44 CET 2018

On Dec 16, 2018, at 2:32 PM, CALMELS, Thierry (SOGETI REGIONS SAS) <thierry.calmels.external at airbus.com> wrote:
>> The configuration you posted here is *not* what I proposed that you use.
>> Please go back and read my message again.
>
> I reviewed your answer and I updated as you advise but without success.
>
> The configuration which is working is the below one with the conditional on User-Name.
> I don't find it very sexy!
>
> files
> if (&User-Name != 'healthcheckVIP') {

  OK, I really dislike this whole process of giving tiny bits of information.  It wastes everyone's time.

  This is the *first* time you mentioned that there's a "healthcheckVIP" user name.  If you had said that at the START of the conversation, I would have been able to give you better advice.

  If you want good answers, ask good questions.  Your questions are vague, and generally don't include relevant information.

>        perl

  What does this do?  You haven't said.

>        if (ok || updated) {
>            update control {
>                Auth-Type := Perl
>            }
>        }
> }

> I tried to make something like that, but I got the error saying the Auth-Type is not defined.

  <sigh>  If only there was some kind of debug output which you could post to the list, so that *experts* could read it and give you useful advice.

  You're trying to solve the problem without describing it in any detail.  That isn't good.