RESTful API

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Thu Dec 27 16:00:26 CET 2018

On Dec 27, 2018, at 4:48 AM, Daniel Kong <daniel.kongyh at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi, thanks for the guidance. However, I encounter a problem in the rest
> basic http authentication even though I have provided in the configuration
> file.
> And here is my radius output
> rlm_rest (rest): Connecting to "http://10.18.6.22:8081/apps"
> rlm_rest (rest): Reserved connection (8)
> (3) rest: Expanding URI components
> (3) rest: EXPAND http://10.18.6.22:8081
> (3) rest:    --> http://10.18.6.22:8081
> (3) rest: EXPAND /apps/user/%{User-Name}/%{User-Password}
> (3) rest:    --> /apps/user/user1/password1
> (3) rest: Sending HTTP GET to "
> http://10.18.6.22:8081/apps/user/user1/password1"
> (3) rest: Processing response header
> (3) rest:   Status : 401 (Unauthorized)

  That seems to be clear.

> (3) rest:   Type   : json (application/json)
> (3) rest: Parsing attribute "result"
> (3) rest: WARNING: Failed parsing attribute: Invalid vendor name in
> attribute name "result", skipping...
> (3) rest: Parsing attribute "message"
> (3) rest: WARNING: Failed parsing attribute: Invalid vendor name in
> attribute name "message", skipping...

    The response is json, but not what the REST module expects.

> Please let me know where did I go wrong.

  The debug log is pretty clear.  The user is unauthorized.  And, the response isn't what the module expects.

  The module documentation explains *very* clearly what it sends to the REST API, and what it expects back from the REST API.