Ms-Chap + NT-Password

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Mon Dec 31 17:01:26 CET 2018

On Dec 31, 2018, at 9:56 AM, Anton Kiryushkin <swood at fotofor.biz> wrote:
> As I understand I need two sites for authorizing clients via wifi and
> ethernet.

  What's a "site" ?

  Please use *standard* words for things.

> I made a different site, and I wrote a rule to redirect users.
> But. When I'm checking this solution I can't understand why freeradius
> expecting Cleartext-Password instead MD5-password (Please see log below):

  Because you configured multiple passwords for the user.

> (9) pap: WARNING: Config already contains a "known good" password
> (&control:Cleartext-Password).  Ignoring &config:Password-With-Header
> (9) pap: Normalizing MD5-Password from base64 encoding, 24 bytes -> 16 bytes

  You've configured the user with:

	Cleartext-Password
	Password-With-Header
	MD5-Password

  Why?

  It's your configuration.  You should know what you've configured.  None of that is in the default config.

> (9)     [pap] = updated
> (9)   } # authorize = updated
> (9) Found Auth-Type = PAP
> (9) # Executing group from file /etc/raddb/sites-enabled/inner-tunnel
> (9)   Auth-Type PAP {
> (9) pap: Login attempt with password
> (9) pap: Comparing with "known good" Cleartext-Password
> (9) pap: ERROR: Cleartext password does not match "known good" password
> (9) pap: Passwords don't match

  Which seems to be clear.