Huntgroup-Name

Carsten Schulze carsten.schulze at leuphana.de
Thu Feb 1 14:01:46 CET 2018

Hi

Am 01.02.2018 um 13:51 schrieb Alan DeKok:
> On Feb 1, 2018, at 7:28 AM, Carsten Schulze <carsten.schulze at leuphana.de> wrote:
>> I use the huntgroup text file for my NAS
>>
>> myshare        NAS-IP-Address == 192.168.102.43
>>

>> and now I would like to do a check in sites-enabled/default
>>
>> post-auth {
>> (0)     if ("%{Huntgroup-Name}" == "myshare") {
>    Read the debug output.  ALL OF IT.
I did, thats all

>    Does the input packet contain NAS-IP-Address?
No, i thought it is done by the huntgroup file over the == operator

>    Is the "preprocess" module finding that match in the "huntgroups" file?
yes

/etc/freeradius/3.0/mods-enabled/preprocess
   preprocess {
         huntgroups =
"/etc/freeradius/3.0/mods-config/preprocess/huntgroups"
         hints = "/etc/freeradius/3.0/mods-config/preprocess/hints"

>    And the examples DON'T show using %{Huntgroup-Name} to get the name of the hunt group. They DO show using just the attribute reference:
Yes, but they define HuntGroup as local variable, or not? And the use
'%{NAS-IP-Address}' as well

<----

radhuntgroup WHERE nasipaddress='%{NAS-IP-Address}'}" } ----> |

> 	if (Huntgroup-Name == "myshare") {
>
>    I've never understood the need to put %{...} around every attribute name.  Why?  The documentation and examples don't do this.
I think you need it to access global variables?

>> How could I access/or is there a variable with the name of the huntgroup?  There are only examples using sql :(.
>    Follow the documentation.  Read the debug output.  That solves 99% of peoples problems.
There is no docu about huntgroups and the huntgroup file!

--
Mit freundlichen Grüßen
Dipl. Inform. (FH) Carsten Schulze