API capabilities

Tunc Gunergun tgunergun at gmail.com
Thu Feb 1 19:03:13 CET 2018

Hi Guys,

Hope you are well.

I never installed/used free radius before however I'm tasked to assess
its Rest API capabilities and see whether following 802.1.x use case
is workable.

- Controller asks FreeRadius to block a specific IP address via API;
- FreeRadius finds who owns that IP from authenticated user list;
- FreeRadius sends Radius CoA to 802.1x authenticator (Switch)
a. to reset user session (reject user authentication at next attempt
or put user into default vlan)
b. to reset user session and put user into a quarantine vlan X
- Controller ask FreeRadius to unblock (release) a specific IP address via API.
a. same as above but in reverse order
b. same as above but in reverse order.

Many thanks for your support in advance.

Cheers
Matt