groupname value

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Fri Feb 2 14:42:14 CET 2018

> On Feb 2, 2018, at 8:14 AM, J E H A N Z A I B <jehanzaib.kiani at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> I dont just want to fill it i wanted the groupname saved. Its really handy
> because we keep on changing the groupname with time so its better we save
> it somewhere. Sure we can delete it from radacct table since this is not
> related to acct. I can add it in the other table like radpostauth might be?
>
> What do you recommend?

  Writing SQL queries to look for open connections without a group name, do the user -> group name lookup, and then write the group name.

  You can write a simple script to do this, and then run it in a cron job.

  This script *won't* go into the server, though.  It's a very rare use-case, and something which can almost always be done via other methods.