rlm_perl

Nathan Ward lists+freeradius at daork.net
Mon Feb 5 10:43:43 CET 2018

> On 5/02/2018, at 10:32 PM, Bassem Mettichi <mettichi at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hello,
>
> i have two machines runing both centos 7, in the first machine to make
> rlm_perl working i have installed all perl modules with: yum install perl*
> in the second machine, i have compiled the latest version of perl
> perl-5.26.1:
>
> ./Configure -Accflags='-fPIC' -Duseshrplib  -des -Dlibpth="/usr/local/lib64
> /lib64 /usr/lib64"
> $ make
> $ make test
> # make install
>
> because with yum install perl* this will install a lot of modules that i
> don't need.

So, it worked on machine A fine when you installed with yum, but on machine B you decided to compile perl from scratch, and have come to the FreeRADIUS list for support?
It is clear what the problem here is. If machine A worked, do machine B the same way you did machine A.
Once you understand what you are doing, you can start doing things like compiling perl from scratch by hand (but you won’t, because you’ll have learned by then that that’s almost always a silly thing to do).

If you’d like, here is a super cheat code for you, but this is off topic for the FreeRADIUS list and is something for the perl list(s) - don’t install “perl*” - install “perl” and if you need to compile something with perl headers (i.e. if you compile your own FreeRADIUS which it sounds like you probably do for some reason) you can install “perl-devel”. Then only install the perl modules you actually want to use in your code.

> ine the first machine module rlm_perl is working good and i have the same
> configuration of freerdius in the two machines and the same example.pl file,
>
> i have created a clone method to conncet to database and i have use this
> conncetion in the autorisation method, my problem is in the second machine
> every thing is working good
> however in the second machine when i run freerdaius and do an access
> request packet it doesn't see the connection property that i have declared
> on clone method. in order to make this work i have to declare the
> connection on autorisation method that is why i have provided the modules
> that dépends on rlm_perl and i thing the problem is with module
>
> libresolv.so.2 so could any one has an ide on this?

I still see no information that you have provided where there is any reference to libresolv.so.2, or why you think it is related to FreeRADIUS. Please provide that information if you want assistance. We all know what libresolv.so.2 is for and what it does, but there’s no clear reason why you’re asking about it.

--
Nathan Ward