[FreeRADIUS 3.0.16] EAP methods

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Fri Feb 9 13:16:24 CET 2018

On Feb 9, 2018, at 6:41 AM, Sergio NNX <sfhacker at hotmail.com> wrote:
> Different organisations have different requirements or needs. We are just testing the supported methods.

  If all you need are tests, then "missing" EAP methods aren't a problem.

> In v2.x, I had gpsk { }, pax { } & psk { } sections in eap.conf and all of them worked fine.

  No you didn't, and they didn't work fine.

  Download version 2.2.10, and read eap.conf.  There is no reference to "gpsk", "pax" or "psk".   Try to configure them in v2.  They won't work.

  What you did was to configure the "eap2" module in version 2.  That module was in "experimental.conf", and was documented with the following warning, among many others:

	#	!!! DO NOT USE IT IN A PRODUCTION ENVIRONMENT !!!

  If you download v3, you'll see that there is no "eap2" module.  It was removed.  And, the "eap" module *still* has no reference to  "gpsk", "pax" or "ask".

  The "eap" module in v3 documents all of the supported EAP methods.  They all work.  Methods which aren't documented there don't work.  Because they don't exist.