DHCP and Option 82

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Fri Feb 23 16:46:17 CET 2018

On Feb 23, 2018, at 9:57 AM, Daniel Ryšlink <ryslink at dialtelecom.cz> wrote:
> Thank you once again for you patience and most helpful insights!

  Ask good questions, get good answers.

> I have tried using both the dhcp_sqlippool module, creating the database radius with a table radippool:

  That *should* work.

> As for using the passwd module and failure to hash the file, you are absolutely right - there was a typo in the path to the file, which was a rather silly mistake, I apologize.

  Everyone makes mistakes  I've pushed a patch so it now gives an *error* message saying "no such file".  That's a lot more useful than "failed".

> However, upon correcting the typo, I am receiving a fresh, new error message:
>
> rlm_passwd: unable to resolve attribute: %{DHCP-Relay-Circuit-Id};*{DHCP-Relay-Remote-Id};=DHCP-Your-IP-Address
> /etc/freeradius/3.0/mods-enabled/opt82toip[21]: Instantiation failed for module "opt82toip"

  The fields are attribute names.  You *cannot* use %{...} expansions.  You *must* place the expansion into a temporary attribute, and then use that.

> I tried multiple way of formatting the information:
>
> format = "*DHCP-Relay-Circuit-Id;*DHCP-Relay-Remote-Id;=DHCP-Your-IP-Address"

  That one should work.

> format = "*%{DHCP-Relay-Circuit-Id};*%{DHCP-Relay-Remote-Id};=DHCP-Your-IP-Address"
>
> format = "*%{dhcp_options:<Circuit-ID>};*%{dhcp_options:<Agent-ID>};=DHCP-Your-IP-Address"

  Neither of those will work.  e.g. there is no attribute named "%{DHCP-....}"