FreeRADIUS Proxy+CoA+TLS

Goitom Seyoum goitoms at google.com
Fri Feb 23 23:39:51 CET 2018

My team is evaluating freeradius if we can use it for a project. The
requirements we have where we see freeradius can be a solution are the
support of proxy, CoA and TLS.

The network structure looks like:

AP/Controller <-----LinkA-----> freeradius proxy <-----LinkB----->  cloud
server

LinkA uses RADIUS over UDP
LinkB uses RadSec over TLS

>From cloud server CoA messages will be sent over LinkB.

So far my team has verified the following working:
1 - Proxy + TLS
2 - Proxy + CoA

But we are unable to verify Proxy + TLS + CoA, is this supported/possible
with freeradius?

If it is possible, our goal is to use the same LinkB connection/socket that
was established by the first Access-Request for cloud server initiated CoA
messages. Is it possible to configure the proxy to listen CoA messages via
that same socket used for sending auth+acct requests?

Thank you in advance for your help!