Accounting Reject reponse

Nathan Ward lists+freeradius at daork.net
Thu Jan 4 13:03:25 CET 2018

> On 5/01/2018, at 12:47 AM, Bassem Mettichi <mettichi at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hello,
>
> please could and one help me when freeradius reject an accounting request (
> Start, Stop, Interim-Update) how to send Response Accounting Reject Message
> to client Side because default configuration freeradius dosen't send
> response to Client Side:
>
> } # accounting = reject
> (2) Not sending reply to client.
> (2) Finished request

You have included a very small snippet of your debug output - please provide the whole thing, not just the parts you think are important.

What message would you like FreeRADIUS to send in this instance? You talk about "Response Accounting Reject Messageā€ but there is no such message. RADIUS accounting uses only Accounting-Request and Accounting-Response. If there is no response, the NAS will do whatever you configure it to do - i.e. fail over to another RADIUS server, or disconnect the user, or something else entirely. If you wish for some sort of hard reject to take place, you should look towards generating a CoA to disconnect the user (or whatever you need to do).

--
Nathan Ward