Dropping RADIUS accounting packets based upon NAS IP Address

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Fri Jan 5 16:39:35 CET 2018

On Jan 5, 2018, at 9:30 AM, Alex Sharaz via Freeradius-Users <freeradius-users at lists.freeradius.org> wrote:
> I was just testing our new Grimsby connection ( remote controller pushes
> auth and accounting packets down a RADSEC tunnel to our Tier 1 eduroam
> servers) when I noticed that in addition to accounting packets relating to
> the eduroam SSID I was seeing accounting packets from other devices which
> had  different NAS-IP-Address IP addresses to the one I was expecting.
>
> I know its their problem to fix but is there any way in FR 3.0.15 I can
> drop packets with a NAS IP Address  != the one I should be seeing?

  That's generally not a good idea.  The NAS will not see responses from the RADIUS server, and think that the RADIUS is down.

> We dump accounting / auth info into a postgres db and into our logstash
> service and I'd rather not have accounting info I shouldn't be seeing in
> there ...

preacct {
	if (NAS-IP-Address != "good") {
		ok
		return
	}

	... everything else ...

}

   And then do the same at the top of the "accounting" section.  This will cause the server to ACK the bad accounting packets.  But no further processing will take place.