Unable to compile Freeradius 3.0.16

Nathan Ward lists+freeradius at daork.net
Mon Jan 15 08:48:08 CET 2018

> On 15/01/2018, at 8:28 PM, Peter Balsianok <balsianok.peter at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> I am unable to compile Freeradius 3.0.16.
>
> OS version:
> Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server release 5.11 (Tikanga)

<snip>

> cc1: error: unrecognized command line option "-Wno-date-time"
> make: *** [build/objs/src/lib/cbuff.lo] Error 1
>
> I have fixed this issue by removing "-Wno-date-time" from configure &
> configure.ac files. But question is: is it correct approach?

You’re compiling on RHEL 5.11, which is almost certainly going to cause you problems… any reason you can’t run a more modern OS?

Can you show the commands you are running to compile this? This option is enabled if "--enable-reproducible-builds” is passed to configure. The default is that this is disabled. You should remove this option from the configure command line.

--
Nathan Ward