Unable to compile Freeradius 3.0.16

Matthew Newton mcn at freeradius.org
Tue Jan 16 00:18:41 CET 2018

On Mon, 2018-01-15 at 13:22 -0700, Arran Cudbard-Bell wrote:
> > CC src/lib/cbuff.c
> > cc1: error: unrecognized command line option "-Wno-date-time"
> > make: *** [build/objs/src/lib/cbuff.lo] Error 1
> >
> > I have fixed this issue by removing "-Wno-date-time" from configure
> > &
> > configure.ac files. But question is: is it correct approach?
>
> The correct approach is to test for -Wno-date-time support like we do
> for other warnings.

https://github.com/FreeRADIUS/freeradius-server/pull/2158

I've tried to test it properly on CentOS 5, but I've wasted enough time
already getting yum working and given up on talloc. But the configure
test seems OK.

> I'll leave that up to the developer who introduced -Wno-date-time
> though :P

:-P back!

The usual answer here for people using FreeRADIUS as old as the
compiler on that system is to "go away and upgrade"...

But, in the mean time, the easy workaround without patching should be
to pass "--enable-reproducible-builds" to configure.

--
Matthew