AW: Solved: After Upgrade from freeradius 2 to 3 (Debian 8 - 9): TLS Alert write:fatal:unsupported certificate

Gladewitz, Robert Robert.Gladewitz at dbfz.de
Wed Jan 24 11:15:53 CET 2018

Hello Alen, it seems to me, you have not read the openssl thread completely.
The openssl interpretation is not rfc compliant.

We have already switched to the latest callmanager version! Originally since
you here in the forum assumed that the ku "CA" is missing. This error is
actually fixed.

Nevertheless, the CAPF CA certificates are still issued with the eku "TLS
WEB SERVER Authentification", or predefined in the csr. Cisco apparently
also needs this option, for whatever reason.

That's why I've documented the whole thing for this forum - because I've
also gotten two direct requests with the same problem. I also think that
this problem is coming to bear more and more because many customers are only
now gradually switching to systems based on openssl1.1.0 or higher.

To be honest, I can not understand why you are allowed to criticize yourself
a lot, but you do not concede any criticisms or mistakes yourself. Really
sad, because freeradius ansich is a very good pruduct. When annotations and
suggestions for improvement are always treated in this way, at some point
nobody dares to make any suggestions. That's a pity.