[+SPAM+]: Re: SQL Module: Inconsistent behavior dealing with the escaping backslash

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Thu Jan 25 20:18:02 CET 2018

On Jan 25, 2018, at 2:10 PM, Kwak Wookjong <Wookjong.Kwak at gemalto.com> wrote:
> Thanks for the respond and your suggestion.
> But I am still seeing the same problem. (Additional backslash prepended)
>
> Even though, using another table (other than NAS) for putting client information,
> When, putting the information into attributes, the additional step that you described would be applied.
> Then, it would make additional backslash in front of original backslash as it is not *directly* read from the table.
>
> My question would be how can I make the value read directly from the table as it does for NAS table reading?

  You can't.  You MUST put the value into an attribute.  That's how the dynamic clients work.

> Or, do we need to check if the escaping is properly done when putting the information into attributes?

  You need to ensure that the contents of SQL are correct.  Which means escaping things properly.

  Backslashes are special, because they allow escaping.  If you want a literal backslash, put "\\" into SQL.

  Then when you read it from SQL via a SELECT statement, it will be parsed correctly.

  If this isn't clear, post the *debug output* of the server when it reads a dynamic client from SQL.  That will be much clearer.