check valid chap password

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Sun Jan 28 16:11:51 CET 2018

On Jan 27, 2018, at 7:53 PM, تعلم البرمجة <mido2010bona at gmail.com> wrote:

> I have php page inside default file in freeradius 3.0.11 i can check if
> valid password pap (Cleartext-Password) But I need Check If Valid Chap And
> Check If Valid MS-CHAP Can you give me solution ?

  The server does that automatically.  The Cleartext-Password is the users *correct* password.

  User-Password is what the person entered in order to get online.  It might be the same (if it's correct), or it might be different (if it's wrong)

  CHAP-Password is a CHAP calculation of what the person entered in order to get online.

  MS-CHAP is an MS-CHAP calculation of what the person entered in order to get online.

  For CHAP and MS-CHAP, the server takes Cleartext-Password, and calculates the CHAP or MS-CHAP information.  If it the two things match, the user must have entered the right password.