Can't use winbind in 3.0.16

Jonathan Gazeley jonathan.gazeley at bristol.ac.uk
Tue Jan 30 13:49:12 CET 2018

On 25/01/18 13:02, Matthew Newton wrote:
> On Thu, 2018-01-25 at 13:00 +0000, Alan Buxey wrote:
>> As the feature isn't there then I guess so, yes. Probably related to
>> the
>> specific extras needed for winbind support to be compiled in.
>> Matthew, if
>> this is the case then can the offices build please support winbind
>> asap? ;)
> Investigating...

Any progress on this?

I also noticed that since upgrading to the official 3.0.16 RPM, radiusd
does not survive a reboot and fails with:

[jg4461 at radius-jg4461 ~]$ sudo radiusd -X

radiusd: #### Opening IP addresses and Ports ####
listen {
      type = "control"
  listen {
      socket = "/var/run/radiusd/radiusd.sock"
      uid = "radiusd"
      gid = "radiusd"
      mode = "rw"
      peercred = yes
  }
Failed creating control socket "/var/run/radiusd/radiusd.sock": Failed
binding to /var/run/radiusd/radiusd.sock: No such file or directory

The path and config are the same as our home-built 3.0.15 so there could
be a problem with the packaging process and the way it creates
directories. We don't do anything funky with the default paths in our
installation.

We've had to roll back to our known-good 3.0.15 for now but I'm happy to
prod around at my dev system if that helps.

Thanks,
Jonathan