different user file for virtual server

Matus UHLAR - fantomas uhlar at fantomas.sk
Tue Jan 30 16:55:44 CET 2018

On 25.01.18 08:06, Alan DeKok wrote:
>  Then you need two different "files" modules.

>> I have tried to follow docs and set up:
>>
>> modules/files:
>>
>> files files_netdev {
>>        usersfile = ${confdir}/users_netdev
>> }

>  That's good.

>> from default and example virtual host I have created:
>>
>> sites-enabled/virtual_netdev:
>>                files_netdev

>  That's good.

>> however the log file tells me:
>>
>> Thu Jan 25 13:48:54 2018 : Error: /etc/freeradius/sites-enabled/virtual_netdev[10]: Failed to find "files_netdev" in the "modules" section.
>> Thu Jan 25 13:48:54 2018 : Error: /etc/freeradius/sites-enabled/virtual_netdev[8]: Errors parsing authorize section.
>> Thu Jan 25 13:48:54 2018 : Error: Failed to load virtual server virtual_netdev
>>
>> any hint what is the mistake I did?

>  Run it in debug mode (radiusd -X), and see more information.

last lines of the debug output:

server virtual_netdev { # from file /etc/freeradius/sites-enabled/virtual_netdev
  modules {
  Module: Checking authenticate {...} for more modules to load
  Module: Checking authorize {...} for more modules to load
  Module: Instantiating module "files_netdev" from file /etc/freeradius/modules/files
   files files_netdev {
         usersfile = "/etc/freeradius/users_netdev"
         compat = "cistron"
   }
reading pairlist file /etc/freeradius/users_netdev
/etc/freeradius/sites-enabled/virtual_netdev[14]: Failed to find "netdev" in the "modules" section.
/etc/freeradius/sites-enabled/virtual_netdev[8]: Errors parsing authorize section.

the users_netdev is empty for now.
can it be the problem?
or is that something with the "compat" setting?

Thank you very much

M$ Win's are shit, do not use it !