BYOD and base on MAC

Luc Paulin paulinster at gmail.com
Wed Jan 31 20:50:00 CET 2018

Hi,
I know that we can do a BYOD  wireless setup with freeradius base on if the
client setup was setup with certificate(EAP-TLS) or not by checking the
EAP-Type field. But I was wondering would it be possible to do it base on
MAC adresse.

The idea here is that we would like to move user to the appropriate vlan
base on his device mac. If MAC address is within that list, device is
granted to the corp vlan, else it'll default to the BYOD vlan.

In the post-auth section I did add some lines in order to try do the check
base on mac addresse

========
  # We rewrite calling_station_id in order to do mac checkup
  rewrite_calling_station_id

  # Check against the authorized_macs file
  authorized_macs
  if (!ok) {
    update reply {
      Tunnel-Type := 13
      Tunnel-Medium-Type := 6
      Tunnel-Private-Group-Id := 155
  else {
    update reply {
      Tunnel-Type := 13
      Tunnel-Medium-Type := 6
      Tunnel-Private-Group-Id := 157
========

However look like the authorized_macs always return noop. Am I doing
something wrong or something not supported?

Thanx !!

--
                         !!!!!
                       ( o o )