Waking up in 999995.9 seconds.

Duncan Carter duncan.carter at comms365.com
Tue Jul 10 23:56:37 CEST 2018

> > There's no database involved.  Clients, users and logs are all flat files.
>   Well, maybe it really is getting 1024 simultaneous packets.
Simultaneous?  No, it's getting about 2500 packets (access and accounting) in 3-4 hours, then crashing.

> > There's a feature we use that's not included with the newer versions,
>   Which is what?  There have been very few useful features removed from the server over the years.
Found my colleagues notes, it relates to these issues:
https://github.com/FreeRADIUS/freeradius-server/issues/1131
https://github.com/FreeRADIUS/freeradius-server/issues/1384
We use:
log {
        requests = ${logdir}/radiusd-%{%{Virtual-Server}:-DEFAULT}-%Y%m%d.log
Which is apparently depreciated, but I can't identify why.  We then process those log files to populate a MongoDB.

I really want to know why the "Waking up in" time jumps from 0.x, to 3.x, to 4.x, to 9999x.x to  3978xxx.x seconds?

Would you like me to send a complete debug log to you Alan?

Many thanks in advance,