Two Quick Questions

Adam Bishop Adam.Bishop at jisc.ac.uk
Wed Jul 18 18:30:18 CEST 2018

On 9 Jul 2018, at 12:12, Alan DeKok <aland at deployingradius.com> wrote:
> On Jul 9, 2018, at 7:08 AM, Adam Bishop <Adam.Bishop at jisc.ac.uk> wrote:
>>
>> * Can I tell the users origin once we get into post-auth, or do I need to use a custom attribute?
>>
>> If a user comes from the users file, I want to apply some different policy - the only distinguishing feature the users I want to manipulate have is that they're stored in the users file rather than AD.
>
>  You need to use a custom attribute.  The server doesn't track where each attribute came from.

module_failure_message is being populated with "Failed retrieving values required to evaluate condition" - doesn't appear to be affecting function, but it's messing with my log parsing.

I've implemented it as:

		if (&User-Class == "guest") {
			# User is from the users file, assign them to the external guest VLAN regardless of all other factors
			update reply {
				&reply:Tunnel-Type = GRE
				&reply:Tunnel-Medium-Type = IP
				&reply:Tunnel-Private-Group-ID = "%{client:outer_guest_vlan}"

Can I check for the existence of the attribute before I test its value?

Adam Bishop

  gpg: E75B 1F92 6407 DFDF 9F1C  BF10 C993 2504 6609 D460

jisc.ac.uk