Can we get success response in other servers ?

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Tue Jul 24 13:19:21 CEST 2018

On Jul 24, 2018, at 7:02 AM, Mallikarjuna Peddappanavara Karibasappa <mallikarjuna.peddappanavara at igrid-td.com> wrote:

> I'm implementing freeradius client in nginx web server, As of now I can
> able authenticate the users in radius server. Now I need to assign roles to
> the users in freeradius server. When a particular user is authenticated in
> freeradius server then I need to get that user role of that particular user
> in my nginx server.

  What's a "role" ?

> I'm struck with the issue that I'm not able to add user roles in freeradius
> server.
> Is it possible to set user roles and get that user roles ?

  I think you're missing something fairly large here.  You're talking about concepts.  RADIUS doesn't deal with concepts.  It deals with attributes.

  So... you need to decide which attribute will contain this "role".  You need to decide how to determine which user gets which role.

  Then, configure that in FreeRADIUS.

  When you ask vague high-level questions, the only response you'll get is vague high-level answers.

  If you want more detailed answers, ask more detailed questions.  You've already been told this.  So there's no excuse.