FreeRADIUS accounting to multiple destinations

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Tue Jul 24 16:35:47 CEST 2018

On Jul 24, 2018, at 8:42 AM, Алексей Морозенко <alexmorozenko at gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm using two fortigate instances in gcp for redundancy.
> Because of google restrictions I can't use them in HA mode so
> load-balancing does the trick for me.
> I have identical access policies on fortigates based on user group.
> User group is delivered to fortigates by RSSO (RADIUS SSO) by sending to
> them accounting packets.
> I use two FreeRADIUS 3.0.15 servers on Ubuntu 16.04
> I have 3 LDAP modules for 3 LDAP servers in redundant-load-balance mode
> User can be in several groups so I
> edited /etc/freeradius/mods-config/files/pre-proxy to reflect group needed
> for me to assign access to user in Reply-Message attribute:
> preacct {
>             files *#(this enables sending reply with group name in
> Reply-Message attribute)*

  Note that it adds attributes to the *reply*.

> accounting {
>                  replicate
>        update control {
>                        Replicate-To-Realm      := fortigate02 *#(this
> copies my accounting to second fortunate)*

  That replicates the *request* to the home server.

  Since the request isn't the reply, the request doesn't contain the attributes you added.

  You have to add the attributes to the *request* in order for them to be proxied (or replicated) to a home server.

> Finally, my problem.
> The problem is that I see accounting copy on second fortigate, *but without
> groups*.

  Yes.  That's what you configured it to do.

> I realize that I replicate accounting to new realm and my pre-proxy file
> will not work for it so that't why I included in pre-proxy second file with
> that realm:

  The "replicate" module doesn't run the "pre-proxy" section.  The documentation and debug output makes this clear.

> And this should work (I think). Or not?
> Tell me please, is my idea right for things I want to do?

  Do you want the replicated request to contain attributes?  Then add the attributes to the request.