Freeradius3 Empty authorize section

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Fri Jul 27 13:50:53 CEST 2018

On Jul 27, 2018, at 3:45 AM, Agnel Varghese <agn82kv at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Using FreeRADIUS Version 3.0.17.
> If non default ports are used (1712 below) getting Access-Reject with below
> error.
> Same works for 1812 port
>
> Debugs failed case

  Read http://wiki.freeradius.org/list-help

  We need "radiusd -X".  Not "radiusd -XXxxxxxxx".

  And if the authorize section is empty, it's because you edited the configuration file and broke it.  Don't do that.

  Please describe what you did.  If you just edited the config and changed "1812" to "1712", then it *will not* cause this error.

  You did something else.  What was it?

  And if you're going to ask questions, ask *good* questions.  It's ever so much more useful than asking "I did stuff and it didn't work".