Acct-Status-Type = Stop have stopped logging to the SQL database.

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Mon Jul 30 19:44:30 CEST 2018

On Jul 30, 2018, at 1:39 PM, andy at andyappel.com wrote:

> Suddenly my records with “Acct-Status-Type = Stop” have stopped logging to the SQL database.
>
> I am seeing a success entry in the log but a query is not showing any ‘Stop' record.
> 	(1858) sql: SQL query returned: success
> 	(1858) sql: 1 record(s) updated
>
> If I restart the “freeradius” service some new ‘Stop' records briefly start appearing but then it stops.

  The stop records don't magically disappear.  If they're not being updated, it's for a reason.  Run the server in debug output to see what's going on.

> ‘Start’ records are working just fine.  My though is that it is updating the ‘Start’ record and not creating a new ‘Stop’ entry when a session is ending as I am seeing ‘acctsessiontime’ values in my ‘Start’ records.

  Umm... the server doesn't write "start" or "stop" to the database.  It just writes the the users session information.  Sessions which are still open don't have "acctstoptime" filled out.  Sessions which are closed have a timestamp in the "acctstoptime" field.

  And all sessions have an "acctsessiiontime" value.

> Any suggestions would be appreciated.
>
> 	- FreeRADIUS Version 3.0.13

  Upgrade to 3.0.17...